Thursday, June 18, 2009

Being The Oldest Kid Rocks.

Since Im the oldest, and therefore the most important, I get to be the first to blog solo. Haha, suckers! Amber's looking at me morosely (isnt that a nice word, Kyra taught me!) but she's been through a lot, coming out of the closet and everything, so I'll let her blog next. Blanche on the other hand, keeps sticking her nose up at me and telling me that being the oldest isnt a good thing - it just means I'm prone to wrinkles. Blanche might be the prettiest bougainvillea I know, but sheesh. These French.

Sometimes I wish I were still the only bougainvillea in the balcony. It was so nice and pleasant with Mommy Mathews talking to me all the time, and being the prettiest plant in the house. Then those two came along, and then everything changed. I can't sit and think in peace. And trust me, there are a lot of things to think about. Like whether or not Daddy Mathews' car is being washed properly (I can see from the balcony, you know) and whether or not Im going to ever be the greatest bougainvillea philosopher/poet to have ever lived and you know, stuff like that.

Now I have to listen to Amber singing angsty rock songs and Blanche telling me I need Creme de la Mer so my skin doesnt look washed out. How am I supposed to think great thoughts when Ive got rock music blaring on one side, and pots of Creme de la Mer chucked on the other?

Its a good thing that Mommy Mathews lets me have my own corner. See Blanche? There are benefits to being the oldest! Those two share a corner, but I have my own. I also have the best view. Mommy Mathews trusts me - she knows Im not stupid enough to tip over. Those two are still babies, and after Amber's love was rejected by Blanche, Mommy Mathews was sure Amber would just hurl from the balcony if care wasnt taken.

Anyway. You know the best thing about being the oldest and having my own corner? I get to watch TV! YES!

So, what were you saying again. Blanche? I couldnt hear, I was watching "Agatha Christies Poirot" SUCH a sexy moustache. Yowza.

2 comments:

Harry said...

Yea, well you know what there's some plants AND non-plants who'd kill to be in that house, creme de la mer(is it a lotion?) and angsty rock and everything.
Huh! And you think the best part is the TV!

Rouge said...

Creme de la mer is a very expensive, very french skin care thingy. so yes, it is a lotion.
Well of COURSE the best part is the TV. Didnt I say "yowza, sexy moustache"?!
Was I complaning about the house? No, I was complaining about those two! Men. Pfft. Give me a plant anyday.

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com