Monday, June 22, 2009

When I'm Sleeping.

I hate the fact that those two give me so much grief for sleeping so much. Sleeping is good, okay? Not to mention, Im bright orange. If I dont sleep, I'll fade. If you dont understand that logic, well you know...too freaking bad! Do I say anything when Rouge makes chirpy conversation to birds, people or herself? Do I say anything about her irritating commentary when shes TVwatching? Noooo. Do I say anything about Blanche flaunting her fiancee "Jaune" in my face? Do I say anything about how she flaunts the prettiness of her petals in my face? Nope. Not a thing. I prefer to sleep.

When Im sleeping I can't hear Rouge's constant chipper chatter. I can't smell Blanche's perfume. Nada, nothing. Its just blankness, and I can afford to fill it in with more interesting things. Like nightdreaming and daydreaming of anything that catches my fancy (except Blanche) Like the taste of tortilla chips, yummy. Or Metallica's new album. Not so yummy. Or the invention of a guitar which is also a piano which is also an accordion. Or a bright orange iPod touch. Which you know, is bougainvillea-friendly.

Sleep. Sleep is good. Naptimes are the happiest times in the world, and in these oh-so very hot heartbroken days, what else is there to do?

Ps - I dont know what possessed me to fall for a French girl. All these French girls are trouble. Rouge was telling me about this show she watches 'Gilmore Girls' - in one of the episodes, they make fun of French girls, and its all true! All their coquettish but threatening sidelong glances, their single, double and triple entendres, their creepily perfect skin, like they inject themselves with beauty cream (the last point Kyra told me, when I asked her how Blanche was so much prettier than me). Oi vey, these French. I hope Marie Antoinette doesnt emerge from her grave to step on me.

3 comments:

Harry said...

I would trade in my apposable thumb for sleep. Any freaking day.

Momma Mathews said...

Momma Mathews agrees with Amber totally. Sleep is very important and these days I seem to be sleep deprived. Get up by 5.45 am every morning to get to work. And unfortunately during vacation time in Bombay I will really really be sleep deprived and will look like a old racoon.

I love all three of you but of course my oldest baby, kyros is my most dearest.

Harry said...

I've only ever met you on vacation time and you look nothing like a racoon so don't worry.
And by the way, that logo is positively fantabulous! Bedazzled I say. Vunderized and Vowza'd!!

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com